Life with Braces : Brushing and Flossing
BRUSHING YOUR TEETH WITH BRACES
- Use a dry brush with a small amount of toothpaste. Place bristles where gums and teeth meet.
- Use circular, vibrating motions around the gum lines, 10 seconds on each tooth.
- Brush slowly, each arch separately.
- Brush the lower teeth up and the upper teeth down.
- Brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth too!
IMPORTANT: Use tooth brush with soft bristles only.
When should I brush?
After every meal. If you cannoth brush right away, rinse well with water.
FLOSSING YOUR TEETH WITH BRACES
- Carefully pull unwaxed floss between wire and braces. A floss threader is highly recommended.
- Floss carefully around the braces.
- Floss carefully around the gum area.
- Floss carefully around ech tooth.
TIP: Special brushes can be used for hard-to-clean places.
When should I floss?
Nightly, right after brushing.